Monday, June 18, 2012

Let the Sewing Begin, Day 1!

I should probably wait until I have the whole shebang done, but I'll have to settle for updating.  Since I found my curtain fabric in the basement, I pulled out my mother's sewing machine and started on the curtains for the Scamp.  I got some good help from Maeve, who felt the need to inspect my work.  This is the "Wall of Drapes" I got at a garage sale last summer and there's more fabric here than I can measure.  It's a gorgeous dusty blue and there's a strip of brown on the bottom of it.

The first (and I think only) camping trip of the summer is happening this weekend (though I don't know where I'm going yet), so I need to get the curtains done, the inside and outside cleaned up, and then packed up.  

All the while, I still need to be reading like a maniac for my comps.  Still, it's a good distraction.


Maeve, inspecting.  "Measure twice, cut once!"

Maeve, pulling out my pins.  Twerp.

The second curtain is done!  (Apparently I didn't take a picture of the first successful blue curtain...) I think the material was a shower curtain, but I'm not sure about that.  But it's the same colors as the main fabric and it's a neat change in pattern.  (This is the front window.)

Maeve, hanging out on the bed cushions.

And the final project of the first day was taking the bedspread I got at Goodwill, cut it to fit the bed, then took the excess and sewed it to the top to create enough to cover the pillows.  I want to serge the rough edge, but that's going to have wait for my mother's expertise.  



1 comment:

  1. It's hilarious that Maeve pulls the pins out! My cats bat around the pin cushion and sit behind the sewing machine and try to pounce on the thread as it moves through the sewing machine. Cats are not good sewing companions.

    ReplyDelete