I should probably wait until I have the whole shebang done, but I'll have to settle for updating. Since I found my curtain fabric in the basement, I pulled out my mother's sewing machine and started on the curtains for the Scamp. I got some good help from Maeve, who felt the need to inspect my work. This is the "Wall of Drapes" I got at a garage sale last summer and there's more fabric here than I can measure. It's a gorgeous dusty blue and there's a strip of brown on the bottom of it.
The first (and I think only) camping trip of the summer is happening this weekend (though I don't know where I'm going yet), so I need to get the curtains done, the inside and outside cleaned up, and then packed up.
All the while, I still need to be reading like a maniac for my comps. Still, it's a good distraction.
Maeve, inspecting. "Measure twice, cut once!"
Maeve, pulling out my pins. Twerp.
The second curtain is done! (Apparently I didn't take a picture of the first successful blue curtain...) I think the material was a shower curtain, but I'm not sure about that. But it's the same colors as the main fabric and it's a neat change in pattern. (This is the front window.)
Maeve, hanging out on the bed cushions.
And the final project of the first day was taking the bedspread I got at Goodwill, cut it to fit the bed, then took the excess and sewed it to the top to create enough to cover the pillows. I want to serge the rough edge, but that's going to have wait for my mother's expertise.